Pregnancy can be both delightful and stressful period for the women. It is very important for the pregnant women to keep the mind free from any type of stresses during the pregnancy. This is because being stressed can affect the fetus in a significant way. You can visit the website of Nancy Lucina to find different ways in which you can make your pregnancy days peaceful and happy. This website provides plenty of practical and effective tips that will help to improve the mental and physical health of the pregnant women. You can also check https://www.babycenter.in/l25006239/10-ways-to-beat-pregnancy-stress-photos to know the ways to beat stress that arises during pregnancy.
One of the effective ways to minimize the stress is having good sleep. Sleeping relaxes both the mind and body. Even though women who are a great sleepers will find it difficult to sleep during their pregnancy. Here are some tips to improve your sleep.
- Using nice pillows is one of the best ways to boost your sleep during pregnancy. Keep a pillow under your tummy and another one under your feet to get more support and comfort. It is also better to use pillows that are specifically made for use during pregnancy.
Wedge-shaped pillows are specifically made for pregnancy applications. This type of pillows offers support to the tummy when lying on one side.
- The wedge-shaped pillow can ease the back pain. This pillow comes in two types – single wedge and double wedge.
- The food that you take during pregnancy can also play a determining factor. You can enjoy better sleep, if you do not take a big meal before the bedtime. Eating tummy full before the sleep can affect your sleep in the middle. Taking spicy foods can cause heartburn and indigestion, which will disturb your sleep significantly. Always take light food at least two hours before the sleep. You can also have warm milk or herbal tea to sleep with ease.
- A light snack, which contains the right amount of protein and carbohydrate, can help a lot. You can consume food that contains tryptophan, a kind of amino acid that improves the sleep. Do not take tryptophan supplement as it can be harmful to pregnant women.
- Headaches can happen during the sleep if the sugar level is low. To avoid this, you can have scrambled egg and peanut butter, which help to maintain the ideal sugar level. You should avoid these foods if you are prone to indigestion.
- Doing yoga is one good to improve your sleep. Yoga is an exercise that constitutes slow, stretchy body movements and breathing. Make sure that you learn yoga from a reputed master and do the postures that are safe to do for pregnant women. There is also separate breathing exercise called pranayama, which helps to improve your breath pattern. Breathing exercises help to increase the intake of oxygen to your lungs, brains, thereby helping you to enjoy better sleep.
Massaging can help to sooth the muscles, helping you enjoy better sleep. You can ask your partner to massage your muscles gently. Try to take deep breathing in between to increase the oxygen intake.